We received an iRobot Roomba 5500 (aka Roomba Silver, Roomba 2 Silver Robotic Cleaner) as a wedding present, while we’ll be putting it to good use about the flat I will be looking into ways to improve/upgrade it. So far I just have a collection of links for Roomba modifications and taken a few photos.
- flickr.com – My Roomba photos
- roombadevtools.com – RooTooth, RooStick, Roo232 documentation in PDF. Roomba SCI Specifications as a PDF are also available.
- Sparkfun.com sell the RooStick, a Roomba to USB bridge.
- iRobot at amazon.co.uk
- makezine.com – Make Magazine’s list of Roomba hacks
- robotreviews.com – Robot Hacking
- prj.perquin.com/roomba/uc.php – Roomba Microcontroller and functional pinout
- DIY Roomba USB Interface Cable
- Roomba with dustpan style grasper
- Roomba baby cradle (?)
- Gaming with Roombas
- Roomba Pac-man
- li-ion for your Roomba
- Posterbot hack a Roomba into poster printer
- Bluetooth Roomba phone remote
- Line following Roomba
- Roomba Midi interface
- Roomba rover – removed the roomba’s brains.
- Build your own Roomba wall units
- Put the Roomba robotic vacuum in test mode
- Cylon Roomba
iRobot and Roomba are all registered trademarks of iRobot Corporation.